- Typography ServedProject Featured On:Typography Served — 1/23/13
- Foil Letteringexperimental, texturized lettering
- During my time at the Graphic Design MFA program at MICA, Keetra Dixon shared with our class invaluable lessons on experimentation and textural exploration. During a workshop with Keetra, I was assigned aluminum foil as a material, and a serious exploration began with scanning and photographing.
- After noticing the intricate angles and patterns that the camera was picking up, I decided to attempt to make letters out of the material. After experimenting with the letter T, I noticed the light was creating hard shapes that could be traced and masked to add another level of depth to the piece.
- As a way of commemorating the time we had spent together as a class, and with Keetra, we all turned our experiments into "thank you" gifts.