- ROCKERILL Production
Place of Underground culture
- Rockerill is a old steel-making forge of Marchienne-au-pont creates in 1832 by John Cockerill. thanks to the citizen of Charleroi, this abandoned structure and dedicated to the destruction in been able to be reborn, to be reinvested and renew in a cultural place witnesses of the underground and alternative culture of Belgium. This place is a immense complex consisted of four halls, The cathedral (lobby) The large room (exhibition and music performance), The Forges (workshop and party) and The Rockerill (bar, club, jam and DJ party).
This work of the end of study has consist to increase the fame and the identity of this atypical place by the branding and the design graphic. Rockerill is an immense structure like a modern cathedral, she has inspire my works with the graphic codes of the religion like a stained glass or icon and drop cap. I thus have create a font based on the industrial structures of windows to create a typographic stained glass on nine windows of the facade of the factory in analogy at the catholic religion. Furthermore I have to realize flyers and poster with the slikscreen printing proscess inspired by the holy religious icons for present every monthly event which proposes the Rockerill production. This work of monk allowed me to experimente the graphic codes of the religious art in the graphic design, and illustrated the unknown people has the way of a holy.
- Stained glass font - Based on industrial windows structure
- stained glass - for the nine window factory
- Logo - Declination
- Flyers - Black & White
- Silksreen Poster - Two colors
- By Lucas Linares with pleasure.