- Typography ServedProject Featured On:Typography Served — 10/16/12
- Student ShowProject Featured On:Student Show — 11/11/12
Thick Block Revival Typeface
- Thick Block Revival
Bringing an old typeface back to life for The Brooklyn Sandwich Society
- When Melissa Gorman and Andres Valbuena were dreaming up The Brooklyn Sandwich Society, they envisioned bringing back the best parts of yesterday. Everything from the atmosphere, to the food, to the visuals and identity. Moving forward with all the collateral, they called upon me to breathe life into an old type specimen to give their new restaurant the right voice.
After evening out the weights between the upper and lower cases, adding some missing characters, and spacing everything out just right, the work was done. The dust had been blown off and revealed, Thick Block.
- The "@" symbol wasn't around when Thick Block was born so many years ago. The revival features an unorthodox, but fitting interpretation. The Brooklyn Sandwich Society welcomed the oddity with open arms.
- THICK BLOCK IN PRINT
- Business card designs by Melissa Gorman of Company Standard and The Brooklyn Sandwich Society.